P/E Couples Inventory
- Was designed to help you learn more about yourself, your partner and your relationship
- Can identify some of the strength and growth areas in your relationship for you to discuss with each other
- Is not intended to predict your chances for marital success. Success is up to you and now is the best time to start!
- Is not a test. There are no “right” or “wrong” answers. The usefulness of the Couples Inventory results to you and your mate depends on your willingness to respond fully and honestly and to answer all items according to your point of view
Things to know BEFORE taking the P/E Couples Inventory:
• It should not be viewed as a test. Some couples perceive an assessment device as a test of whether their relationship is succeeding or failing. This inventory is not designed to be used in a predictive fashion. Instead, it evaluates relationships in terms of their strengths and areas of potential growth.
• The identity of the couple will be protected. No last names or physical addresses are entered to register for the inventory. Only the facilitator can login to the secure website and access your results. The reports do not contain last names, addresses, or email addresses; and only the facilitator who knows which report is yours.
• It is interesting and fun to take and has been used by hundreds of thousands of couples all over the world. Its effectiveness has been well attested by research.
How to take the P/E Couples Inventory:
** Send an email to RockUrRelationships@gmail.com and include… your First names, separate Email addresses, specify your reading language for you and your mate, and if you prefer the standard non faith-based or a faith-based version.**
Once the facilitator has registered you to take the online inventory, you will receive an email communication with a link to the website and a single Couple Login Code that you will share with your mate. The login will proceed as follows:
Step 1: From the email, click the link to the webpage.
Step 2: Enter your personal Login Code (included in the email).
Step 3: Enter payment (email for pricing)
Step 4: Review and accept the Terms and Conditions
Step 5: Whoever is first to login will be prompted to answer several background questions to customize your assessment
Sample Background Questions used for Customizing the Inventory include: Are you dating, engaged, or married? Do you or your partner have children from a previous relationship? Are you and your partner living together? Are either of you over the age of 55? Are you military?
Step 6: Identify yourself by clicking on your assigned username
Step 7: Review the directions and complete the inventory
Once you have completed the inventory the facilitator will have instant access to it and a copy will be emailed to you and your mate.
Overview of the P/E Couples Inventory
Widely known as a leading relationship inventory, PREPARE/ENRICH is called a “program” because it contains both a couples assessment and a semi-structured feedback process. As part of the feedback process, the program teaches the couple relevant relationship skills like communication and conflict resolution. The goal of the program is to help premarital couples prepare for marriage (PREPARE) and married couples enrich their marriage (ENRICH) by increasing their awareness of relationship strengths and growth areas and providing them with skills to improve their 2 relationship. The Customized version is totally online and is designed for dating, engaged, and married couples. It is called Customized since it tailor-makes the assessment for each couple based on background information they provide. PREPARE/ENRICH has been scientifically developed and has high reliability, high validity, and large national norms with couples from various ethnic groups. Numerous studies demonstrate the rigor of the assessment and its relevance to couples from a variety of ethnic groups (Olson, 1998; Asai & Olson, 2004; Allen & Olson, 2001). Larson, Holman, Klein, Stahmann, and Peterson evaluated premarital assessment questionnaires and found PREPARE to be “most psychometrically sound” and rated it as “the best instrument for premarital counseling” (1995, p. 251). The program has been adopted by professional counselors from various fields (marital and family therapists, social workers, and psychologists) and clergy from many diverse religious groups.
Tommy Watson is an ordained minister and military chaplain…and only uses this inventory to coach and encourage couples. It is NOT used for counseling or therapy. Couples needing counseling or therapy will be urged to see a local counselor or therapist. This inventory is to be used as an educational and informative tool to guide couples as they grow in their respective relationships.